Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Goodbye Kitty...

you will be greatly missed! We had to say goodbye to another best friend. Kitty was the most gentle, loving cat I've ever met. He slept with me every night. He went on walks with us when we took Winston and recently Bentley.  He would always be there to greet us when we came back from a run..Hell, he'd go with you if you let him! He was a great mouser, even caught one yesterday.

But recently he had a difficult time with his mouth full of cancer. Paul and I are both glad we made the decision in February NOT to put him through surgery and his vet agreed. He had a few really good months left. I'm heartbroken for what he went through, bless his heart! But I'm at peace with letting him go. If we had kept him any longer, it would have been selfish of us to put him through the kind of life he would have had just to keep him around for a week or two longer. He had a wonderful 14 years with us!

Rest in peace my friend. Give Winston a BIG kiss from me!!





Still thinks he fits in the basket
and still!




Sleeping on Grandma Dory's lap

Greeting dad as he's back from a run..with geese?
Coming along on a walk with Bentley


You will be dearly missed my loving friend! XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Oh Val, this is tough! I hope you remember all the loving moments with this sweet cat. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete