Saturday, October 31, 2015

Happy Halloween and Congratulations!!

Today is a special day. Not only do we have our annual Halloween party but our good friends and hosts who we co-host with of said party Joe & Diane...GOT MARRIED!! It's their favorite holiday and when they told us they got engaged, everyone said "you gotta get married on Halloween". I got the privilege of taking Diane to get her hair and makeup done...


Diane looked GORGEOUS!

Di's brother Scotty walking her down the isle.


Joe looking fabulous as well. 


The cake was made by our friend and baker Brandy De Leon who owns the Bakery Dulces-Y-Suenos




A few weeks ago, Diane asked me if I would make them a wedding card box. I can't tell you how much FUN I had making this. I would have been stressed if I didn't have a few weeks to make it. I love how it turned out!





I'll tell you how I did it. First I went to Michaels and bought a set of paper mache boxes. It came with 5 or six. I was going to make it 3 tier and then decided since there was going to be less that 100 people, 2 tier would work beautifully. I then spray painted the bottom box AND lid orange, and spray painted the top box cream.
I had Paul do the cutting with an exacto knife, the slot for the cards and the lid.

I landed up covering the slot with black cardstock because the paper mache cuts are so jagged looking as you can see by the picture inside the lid below. 
I bought some trim and applied it around the slot with my hot glue gun. I also used the glue gun to attach the box to lid. As you can see, I put the hole towards the back. That's because I wanted space to put the skull.


After I made the bow, I glued a strip of the ribbon I used for the bow around the box and lid. I then attached the bow. I used the tiny ribbon that was holding the bow together and put two small holes through the wide ribbon and box. I then fed the tiny ribbon through and tied it. I didn't want to try the glue gun on the bow...just didn't.

I then added Martha Steward felt spider webs and some spiders I found at Michaels.

I have to go get ready for our big party!  I'll post pics in a day or so. As always...

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful bride and a fun day to get hitched! Your box was just fabulous! You worked out on it and it was a great match for the couples theme. It just looks so Halloweenish with the spider webs and the spider. Great job and glad you had fun making it.

    ReplyDelete