Friday, October 11, 2013

Another "A Bit of This and...

A Bit of That...

Today is

Pretty cool huh? Unfortunately I gave up on the Blue Angel Shawl I was knitting...hated it. And guess what? That's ok. (I may have mentioned that in an earlier post so I'm sorry if I'm repeating myself). Last year I made a fingerless glove...


"A" fingerless glove LOL! So I am now working on the 2nd one for my other hand. I will be happy when those are done because I have some "to die for" yarn I bought in Michigan to make a gorgeous wrap.

Paul ran in the Cleveland Rock-N-Roll Half Marathon last weekend.
We arrived bright and early.

Diane ran in the half and Joe ran the 5k.He's such a rock-N-roller!

The starting line.

He doesn't look happy (he wasn't) but when he got closer and he saw me, he smiled and waved and of course I was waving instead of taking pics so I missed a happier picture.
Some friends of ours, Lisa & Steve Scheer
I've been dealing with a lot of stress lately and just recently found out my grand children are moving back to VA. To cheer me up, Jenn surprised me with a visit with flowers and card!! She's the best and I couldn't be luckier having her as my dd!! 

Dory and I made a heavenly dessert with more apples from Sue's apple trees. I didn't know Wendy was taking pics - perhaps we both could have smiled LOL.

Showing Dory the "garbage" bowl to put the peelings in.

Serious business this apple peeling/corer/slicer! 
Apple and Cream Cheese Bundt Cake with Caramel Walnut Frosting.

OH YUMMMMMMMMMMMM!! 

It was delicious!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend and as always.....




2 comments:

  1. Oh Val!!!! Hugs and smiles to you.
    Congrats to Paul on his run - that's fantastic!
    I hope you enjoy your fall (that dessert looks great!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Val!!!! Hugs and smiles to you.
    Congrats to Paul on his run - that's fantastic!
    I hope you enjoy your fall (that dessert looks great!).

    ReplyDelete