Saturday, July 28, 2012

My birthday and this week...

I am lucky! I am blessed! I am...SPOILED! I think I may have forgotten to post about the FABULOUS birthday gifts I got back in June.

It was like Christmas! I got a JBL iPhone portable speaker system, a digital photo frame, bamboo plant, Life is Good shirt, Archiver's GC, a Chamilia bead, and Photoshop Elements 10. Wow what a fun birthday filled with toys!

Now, on to what's been happening this week. A few months ago I joined the Cleveland Photographic Society's Scavenger hunt. It's pretty fun! They have posted online 125 pictures of various tid-bits around downtown Cleveland. I talked Paul into venturing out last Sunday and exploring this city that is just about 20 miles from our house. Something we have never done before. It was a hot day for sure and I didn't realize that NOTHING is open so no cool drinks for us, but it turned out to be very productive. We managed to get 10 pictures. It wasn't easy but it sure was fun. Here's a few we captured that day...




This past week Paul and I were going to go camping but we've decided that camping isn't for us. At least the camper isn't. We found it to be much more of a hassle than relaxing. So, I cancelled our campsite and we wracked our brains trying to come up with something to do that was comparable $ wise. So, we decided to use our house as a base and venture out heading west. It was tiring just driving and I didn't see much that I hadn't already seen. We stopped at the Thomas Edison birthplace and took a tour.

Then, Wednesday we took Wendy to Amish Country since she'd never been and we stopped at different little shops.

Something that I've always wanted to do was stop and take pictures of the Mail Pouch barns around Ohio. I've seen them for the past 26 years but I've never stopped to get a picture. Well, I told Paul if I saw any, we're stopping!! Paul actually loves a hunt so he was on the lookout the whole time we were driving to and from Amish Country.
The sign on this one looks pretty new.

 and this one is exactly what I was looking for. Isn't it a beauty?

1 comment:

  1. wow, you had a fun trip!the scavenger hunt through the city was a great idea. that would be fun to see various things you never would have noticed. cool!

    ReplyDelete