Wednesday, March 12, 2014

SNOW!! and knittin' honey...

Well, we knew we were in for another storm today and Mark Johnson was right! It's been blowing and snowing all day. A lot of accidents out there and we were without power for a couple of hours this morning.  I think that maybe due to a fallen power line or something since the snow is very heavy and wet.
Pic from newschannel5. 

So, I stayed in all day and worked a bit for the The Hisey Group, then gathered some yarn for another knitting project. 
 When you look at this sweatshirt...

You might find it surprising to learn that I FINISHED my shawl! My very first lace project and I must say it turned out BEAUTIFUL!! The yarn is bamboo and absolutely to die for soft. My only beef with it is it turned out a lot smaller than I wanted but what the hell, I'll wear it as a shrug-shoulder warmer thingy! 
Just washed prior to blocking.


Voila!
Not bad for my first lacy project.
As always...

2 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous, Val! I love it!
    I need that sweatshirt...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, look at you!!!! This is so awesome! What time and detail it took and you got it all done. Great job Val! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete