Friday, November 23, 2012

It was a Happy Thanksgiving!

What a wonderful day I had yesterday, which just goes to show how lucky I am! I certainly have many, many blessings to be thankful for.

There's a new Piebald deer in town. Paul and I saw him a couple of weeks ago in the backyard chasing another deer so the only pic I got of him was a total blur. Then yesterday morning he shows up again in the backyard and I got a pic before he took off.

He has more brown than the other one. It might even be an offspring.

So, while the turkey was in the oven, Paul and Jenn ran in the Avon 5K Turkey Dash. I was a bit bummed (maybe more than a bit) that I had a sinus infection about 5 weeks ago that lasted a good 3 weeks and then I broke a molar and had to have it removed and a bone graft done, so having not ran in 5-6 weeks, I was not up to running a race. But this was Jenn's first 5K and since I'm a firm believer in everything happens for a reason, I was there with my Nikon to take pics! She had a GREAT run! I think her time was 30:50.

Warming up.

And they're off.


Crossing the finish line.



Later in the afternoon, family and friends came over to enjoy some turkey and or dessert. Stephen asked if he could bring an exchange student/employee from the company where he works. He's here from China and his American name is Reggie. He turned out to be such a nice, nice person. He was a delight to spend some time with. Here are some more pics to show off how blessed I am :)

Emmy

Jessie, Aunt Gert and Dory


Don, Jessie, Aunt Gert and Dory

Paul, Patty and Dory

Patty, Dory, Uncle Ralph and Aunt Gert
Aunt Gert, Uncle Ralph and Reggie

Traci, Reggie, Dora, Paul, Steve and Eric

Traci, Steve and Aunt Gert
Jessie and Eric

Bobby, Aunt Gert, Traci, Steve and Reggie

Jenn and Toby scoping out the newspaper flyers for Black Friday shopping.
Bobby and Travis

Logan trying to decide on dessert
Eric, Emmy, Zariah and Jakadien

Reggie brought some Pokemon cards for Logan..what a nice guy!
I hope your Thanksgiving was as nice as mine!

1 comment: