Friday, March 9, 2012

It Can't Just Be The Flu!

I can't believe how sick I've been! I started to feel a little scratchy throat on Monday, by Tuesday I was in bed with chills, body aches, my head hurt so bad my eyes were hot?, not too weird, when I coughed it felt like someone had shoved sandpaper down my throat. Not to mention the disgusting sinus and throat stuff. So, I dragged my sorry butt to the doctor on Wednesday and after a throat swab, nose swab and chest xrays..my doctor comes in and says "good news! you don't have strep or pneumonia!". I'm thinking..that's good news? I have to have something horrible to feel this bad! It can't just be the flu! Don't I have to be hospitalized, or on some "special" medication that you have wait for them to actually concoct? No?  So, he sent me home after a shot of antibiotics and a prescription for some as well as cough syrup.

I've been in bed for most of the last 3 days. This is the first time I've actually sat at my computer for more than a second! Paul has a business trip in Phoenix and asked me if I'd like to go along. Our flight leaves tomorrow morning and we'll be gone for 5 days. I'm trying to not get too overwhelmed with the thoughts of everything I need to do. I've been working on a Dead Fish Hat for a cyber friend of mine and I want to get it in the mail today. I don't want her to have to wait until we get back. I have lots of work to do at the office and I think I might go up there later (wear a mask) and get a mailing done. I have another mailing to work on but I think I'll bring my laptop on the trip and work on it when Paul's doing his thing.

Before I close I have to say what a blessing Jenn has been. Both Jenn and Steve actually. Jenn has done my babysitting duties the whole time. I hope Eric and Jess are showering her with appreciation! And then there's Steve. Checking in on me morning and night to see 'in his words' if I'm still alive in there LOL! Then yesterday he went to Perkins to get me a mega fruit muffin. I'm blessed I tell ya!!

2 comments:

  1. It's always nice to be taken care of, ESPECIALLY when you don't feel good!

    Feel better soon!
    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val, I'm so sorry you have been so ill. Are you sure you feel up to leaving tomorrow? We have seen a lot of that exact stuff going around the neighborhood. With 2 parents so sick they truly cannot care for their children. I hope you will bounce back quickly. What great kids you have to be so concerned for you.
    Hugs and prayers for a quick recovery..now that you've had it for a week!

    ReplyDelete